Ready for Your Close Up
We’ve been glued to our TVs imbibing the glitz of the Globes, Grammys and Oscars. Your wedding is the biggest day of your life; infuse it with some Hollywood glamour and you’ll truly feel like a star. Cue makeup, hair, a designer dress, and lots and lots of pictures.
Award shows are all about the winner . . . right? And when we say winner, we mean the Best Dressed award.
Consummate red carpet designer Vera Wang has a knack for glamorous dresses, and we love this black and white number from her Spring 2014 collection.
Go Greek in a draped chiffon gown by Tadashi Shoji available at BHLDN.
Vintage, yet modern, Justin Alexander’s tea-length ball gown brings out the Grace Kelly in every bride.
Local makeup guru Shana Beals has two words for you: Red Lips. Her perfect rouge is Russian Red from MAC and a matching liner.
Beals recommends keeping the rest of the makeup luminous and clean. Look for:
- a primer, such as NARS to prep and allow foundation to wear longer and prevent shine
- a foundation suited for your skin type; Oil free for oilier, moisturizing for drier skin
- concealer for under eyes and blemishes. She loves Mac Pro Longwear.
- loose translucent powder
- pressed blot powder for touch-ups throughout the day. Try her Shana B. Invisible Blot Powder.
- a subtle champagne or neutral eye shadow such as Bobbi Brown’s Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow in Rose Gold.
Complete the look with a birdcage veil for classic glamour.